IT Recruitment is looking for her client in Heerhugowaard for a Workstation Technician. The Workstation Technician provides technical support to users, the network and desktop computing environment by performing analysis, proposing solutions and providing technical corrective actions with assistance.
- Performs analysis, diagnostics and problem resolution independently; evaluates and tests hardware and software; supports and troubleshoots office automations tools, peripherals and data network connectivity.
- Functions as second level support in the help desk environment; provides immediate assistance when possible and appropriate.
- Confers with customers to determine business requirements in the areas of desktop computing, office automation and data communications.
- Analyzes requirements, proposes and demonstrates technical solutions; ensures acceptable product installation and provides some user training.
- Participates effectively on project teams; uses standard methods and processes to complete project tasks; utilizes network monitoring tools for prevention and troubleshooting.
- Maintains hardware and software inventory, including spare parts and repair tools; coordinates purchasing and repair for all operational areas.
- Establishes technical and business proficiency through formal education and project assignments.
- Participates and supports disaster recovery initiatives and change management standards and procedures.
- Interacts in a cross-team capacity to meet customer and organizational needs.
- Performs duties consistent with the company‚Äôs goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Minimum 2 years experience in desktop computing and software (Windows & preferably MacOS).
- Strong knowledge of end user desktop technology
- Good analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to operate independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work flexible hours, out of hours and weekends
- Good oral and written communication skills.