|Functie||Senior Business Analist|
|Expertise||ERP, Distribution, Warehousing|
The Senior Business Analyst, Operations is responsible for business process design and development of supporting business applications across the Supply Chain and Operations This individual has in-depth knowledge of processes within the Warehouse, Logistics, Transportation and broad Distribution area.
This is a hand-on role. You are responsible for developing the framework for global business processes and collaborating with business counterparts to align local business processes to global standards. Collaboration with business partners in Operations to develop process & system roadmaps with monthly governance is a key part of this role.
- Implements business process solutions and enhancements. Working in collaboration with business counterparts, analyze current business processes, elicit new business requirements, develop functional process design, and associated reporting necessary to provide management oversight of the business process. Understands the impact of process changes to the existing environment. Develops the framework for standard business processes, and works with business counterparts to align local business processes with current global standards processes.
- Performs cost benefit analysis related to complex process enhancements and projects. Assesses business requirements in terms of implementation cost, maintenance cost, and tangible business benefits. Collaborates with business counterparts to scope projects and enhancement to minimize total cost of ownership. Monitors financial performance and is accountable for performance to the approved plan.
- Leads the implementation of moderate and complex process changes and system enhancements with oversight from direct line management and the Project Management Office. Understands project management methodology and the role of the business analyst in the software development lifecycle. Balances resources and budget to deliver an application that meets the user requirements and project cost expectations.
- Develops and maintains business relationships with key business users and managers within their sphere of responsibility. Maintains a regular dialogue with the key business stakeholders to understand business issues and priorities.
- Translates business requirements, functional designs and business scenarios into comprehensive test plans that are used to confirm business processes function as intended prior to implementation. Performs detailed unit testing to assure technical design meets functional requirements. Collaborates with business counterparts to assure integration testing includes all necessary business process variations. Assures business users understanding and acceptance of process changes and test results. Identifies impact on related processes and conducts regression testing of affected areas.
- Develops documentation related to business process design including high level business process overviews, detailed functional specifications, and visual aids such as business process flows. Maintains current documentation as processes evolve over time. Tailors the content of documentation appropriately to the intended audience.
- Performs training of business counterparts related to implementation of new business processes. Shares best practices on current business processes with business counterparts across the organization to assure effective and efficient usage of software applications. Adapts training approach to the proficiency level of participants.
- Mentors less experience Business Systems Analysts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA , or equivalent business experience in a business related discipline
- MBA or advanced degree desirable
- 7+ years overall experience
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in a related business function
- A minimum or 7 years of experience business process analysis and design with SAP (or another comparable ERP Package)
- Prior experience in connecting SAP (or similar) with WMS or WCS in a Distribution Center
- Processes expert level ERP application knowledge in at least two of the following functional areas. Understands the end-to-end business processes that flow through their primary areas of expertise. Processes functional knowledge in additional functional areas. Application knowledge includes configuration of business processes, deep knowledge of integration points between modules, related master data, and transactional execution. Maintains current knowledge of the business trends and technology developments and applies this knowledge to meet the business challenges.
- Distribution and Warehousing: Process knowledge should include delivery processing, inventory management, warehouse management, transportation management, and master data (material, storage). Integration knowledge should include connection to sales, purchasing, and finance.
- Processes expertise in business intelligence tools including, SAP BI, SAP ABAP Query, SAP Report Writer. Applies business intelligence tools to ad hoc analysis of business processes issues and on-going business process monitoring and control.
- Strong expertise in desktop applications essential to the position including Visio for process flow diagrams, Excel and/or Access for large scale data analysis.
- Expert knowledge of business requirements elicitation techniques, such as use cases, prototyping, questionnaires, etc. used in the business analysis discipline. Applies appropriate requirements gathering approach based upon the situation and audience.
- Strong financial acumen necessary to perform cost benefit analysis related to complex process enhancements and projects.
- Strong analytical skills to identify business needs, formulate viable alternative solutions, and present the business/technical impact of the solutions.
- Strong verbal communication skills including the ability to understand oral descriptions of complex business processes and technical content. Converses using common business vocabulary, avoiding technical jargon. Takes measures to test common understanding including paraphrasing and slowing their speech pattern.
- Strong written communication skills including the ability to document complex business processes and technical content using common business terminology. Uses visual aids like process flows or decision tables to supplement verbal explanations.
- Travel up to 25%
- English proficiency is required