|Functie||Software Sales Engineer|
Our client is one of the leading companies in the storage systems market. It is specialized in the design, manufacturing, sale and services of metal racking, automated warehouses and other storage solutions. They are the leading storage company in Spain and rank third in the world in its field, selling to more than 70 countries.
This candidate will join the sales team in charge of the commercialization of a versatile WMS software developed in-house by more than 200 engineers. Our software multiplies efficiency and profitability of warehouses through control and optimization.
The location for this roll is based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. From this location the candidate will serve the Dutch market and attend leads generated by our distributors in the Scandinavian countries. This role is responsible for the full sales cycle of WMS including opportunity generation, qualification, coordination of all resources required to sell, completion of corporate sales processes, contract negotiation, and project follow-up.
- Build and manage a robust sales pipeline of qualified leads that are both provided by customer inquiries, or that are generated through conducting research on targeted accounts, market segments, and nurturing customer interest.
- Sell to multiple levels of decision makers within mid to large companies at both technical and business levels.
- Participate in consultative pre-sale meetings to capture client needs and vision
- Create technical and commercial proposals based on client specifications; and submit to customers with compelling presentations
- Conduct technical presentations and proposal clarification meetings
- Update CRM on a regular basis to track opportunity status, proposals, and orders, and maintain accuracy of client information.
- Manage contract negotiation with customers, liaising with company‚Äôs legal department.
- Team-up with Software Engineering and Operations departments for project handover, implementation, estimation, and planning for the deployment of WMS at customer sites
- Supports job implementation, by attending planning meetings and design reviews. Act as a solution/subject matter expert for proprietary WMS software, internally and externally
- Maintain working knowledge of industry trends, customer expectations, and competition
- Participate, as a technical resource, in workshops, trade shows, and other marketing events
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent related technical experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in enterprise software solutions sales.
- Fluent in English and Dutch are a must. Spanish is a plus.
- Demonstrated effective communication, analytical yet quick acting mind, attention to details, good listening skills.
- Knowledge in Logistics and Warehousing concepts.
- Ability to travel 25% – 50% of the time.
- A desire to learn and advance in a fast-paced warehousing industry and be capable of regularly using good judgment to accomplish goals and work requirements.
- Extensive training at our HQ in Spain.
- Career progression
- Competitive salary + variable compensation based on sales